Sunday, December 13, 2009

Trying to get back to writing

It's been awhile since I've written anything. I've written e-mails and a few letters to youth and parents, but nothing else. No journal entries (not like I've ever done a lot of that), no blogs, no papers. I want to get back to that...

Recently my iBook had an accident. I went to plug it in and hit the top right corner of the screen with the plug. Barely. Yet, enough to ruin about 1/5 of the screen. I was thinking about replacing it with the new MacBook or an iMac, but decided instead to spend $125 on a 18" monitor, wireless keyboard and nice VGA cord, which I really didn't even need. I now have a 'desktop' iBook. It's a bit of a pain, but a much bigger screen and saved a thousand dollars. Not often that I get to say that.

I am continuing with my training for the triathlon. In fact, I'm working on starting another blog for my training, since that seems to be the cool thing to do in the triathlon world. I haven't done much in the last two weeks, since working out a couple times in MN during Thanksgiving. I got a TERRIBLE sinus nastiness that lasted until about 4 days ago. I should be good to hit the pool, treadmill, gym, bike, and DEFINITELY steam room this next week.

One thing that I really want to get back to writing is theological stuffs. I really enjoy thinking through and writing about different theological ideas and issues, hearing feedback and comments from others and then keeping the conversation going. We're going to try and work on that as well.

Well, that's all for now. We'll see if they keep coming...

Peace,

3 comments:

Ariah said...

good move on the desktop.

Interested in your swimming regimen. I'd like to swim a bit (thought not for a triathlon).

Joel said...

Yeah, welcome back. And I think that's an awesome workaround for the laptop.

Devin said...

Yes, the desktop works well.

Swimming regimen...well, right now it is nothing. When I'm in the pool it's put my head down and swim as much as I can for about 20 minutes or so at a time. I'm a terrible swimmer, so I'm working on my breathing, so I don't drink half the pool..