Sunday, April 25, 2010

Brian McLaren, Hurt Locker & Avatar

It's been a while. I shall be returning this week.

Brian McLaren came to LaSalle Street Church last weekend. He spoke on his new book, A New Kind of Christianity, on Saturday from 10-4 with us. Then preached at our services on Sunday. It was great and Brian was wonderful.

LaSalle has a movie night once a month called Cornerstone Cinema. We watch a movie and have a discussion. It's a super diverse crowd and I made my first one on Friday. Hurt Locker is amazing!

Tonight I saw Avatar. Yes, for the first time. Again, AMAZING! Sorry First Tribes Peoples of our soil. Mark Driscoll, I'm saddened that you thought that movie was satanic.

Yes, that is what is to come. More in depth on each.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Welcome back!!

Eric said...

I'll believe it when I see it.